You will now be directed to a separate site for WCM Investment Management Mutual Funds.
Cancel Ok
WCM Investment Management | Insight | China-Focused Business Analyst | While we have a global generalist approach, you will be spending 80%+ of your time supporting our investment research process in China. The remaining 20% may be more global in nature.

25 March 2021

China-Focused Business Analyst

While we have a global generalist approach, you will be spending 80%+ of your time supporting our investment research process in China. The remaining 20% may be more global in nature. The role includes generating differentiated insights, investment ideas, and maintaining coverage on Chinese (and some global) companies. Moreover, you will add value to the global generalist team by surfacing insights from China that can be read-across to our global coverage universe. At the same time, you should take insights from across the world and apply them to China as appropriate. Team work and collaboration will be required across the research team. You will also travel to China for on-the-ground diligence.


Our process is collaborative and team-based, but people are given freedom to do their job as they see fit, with the understanding that we're all ultimately accountable for our performance. There are no investment superstars in the firm, and everyone's doors are always open. Analysts are expected to source new ideas, look for inflections (along the key vectors of our investment process) on our coverage lists, discover and drive investment process improvements, and help those around them make good decisions. The latter cannot be overstated. We're not looking for people that want to make a mark on WCM, rather we want people focused on making those around them better.


Requirements:

  • Fluent in Mandarin Chinese (obviously)
  • At least three years investment experience. China specific experience preferred. 
  • Undergraduate degree from an Ivy league school – just kidding, that will be used against you.
  • Strong writing and communication skills. You'll fail in our team-based environment if you can't communicate effectively, regardless of how good your ideas are.
  • Once the world gets back to normal, you'll be expected to travel, but who doesn't love doing that? 
  • The ability to think different and not just be another "information gatherer."
  • A demonstrated track record of improving as an investor and an ability to communicate that journey.

 

Position Details:

  • This is a full-time position and ideally the last company you'll work for.
  • The analyst will be paid a competitive base salary and be part of our annual discretionary bonus and normal equity grant plans.
  • The analyst will be based in Laguna Beach at least for the first 18 months post hire. We may consider alternative arrangements longer term if warranted.

 

How to Apply:


Please send your resume and responses to the questions below to resume@wcminvest.com


Questions:

  • What is something important that you have changed your mind about?
  • What is one thing that you believe strongly in, but most people disagree with?
  • What are your three favorite books?
  • Talk about a low moment in your career.
  • If there was one thing you wanted us to know about you, what would it be?

View: LinkedIn - China-Focused Business Analyst
You are about to leave www.wcminvest.com
Cancel Ok

ABOUT Careers

WCM exists to maximize value and create opportunity for all of its stakeholders. We do this by living out our core values of fun and gratitude. We absolutely love this business and skip to work in the morning, while also recognizing we're unbelievably lucky to be able to do so. Words we use to describe ourselves include irreverent, scrappy, humble, and caring. We think there are clear and knowable reasons for our industry's struggles, and we seek to exploit them by thinking differently and trying to be the best version of ourselves. Are you a creative thinker who wants to join our team? Here is how.

Expand All